If you like the thought of a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks but would rather skip the extra calories and sugar, you are going to LOVE the homemade, healthy version of the PSL!
I’m blown away that the smallest size (a tall) with almond milk, and no whip cream PSL from Starbucks has 300 calories and 39 grams of sugar! While it may taste good, it’s a certainly not good for your waistline. Instead, skip the lines, the sugar, and keep the $4.50 in your pocket and make your own at home.
- 8 ounces brewed coffee (or 1–2 shots of espresso)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any milk you like)
- 3 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- sprinkle of cinnamon
To make your own pumpkin spice mix, combine:
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
pinch of ground nutmeg
pinch of ground cloves or allspice
INSTRUCTIONS for handheld frother or blender:
- In a cup or sauce pan, mix together almond milk and pumpkin puree. Cook on medium heat on the stove top (or microwave for 30-45 seconds).
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, spices and sweetener.
- Use a frother/hand blender to foam. (You can also use a regular blender — just process for 30 seconds or until foamy.)
- Pour coffee into a large mug, add the foamy milk mixture on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
Dedicated To Making Healthy Your Habit,